MEASURES & PLATFORMS
MEASURE OBJECTIVES DIRECTLY
One of the valuable components of doing research in the lab is the ability to use scientific tools to measure non-conscious and emotional responses. These tools can give us insights that surveys simply cannot.
BIOMETRICS | EYE TRACKING | RESPONSE TESTING | FACIAL CODING | EEG | DIAL TESTING | FOCUS GROUPS | SURVEYS
MediaScience Goes Beyond The Surface
Heart Rate | Eye Tracking | EEG
Heart rate metrics can be used to interpret changes in cognitive attention and thought processing.
Eye tracking measures visual attention down to a 100ms fixation and can provide statistics for a specific area of interest (such as a brand logo). Blink rate is also a measure that we’ve recently found to be valuable in measuring attention.
EEG is an analysis of electrical activity in the brain and can help us determine viewer motivation and memory response (note: MediaScience is very selective about using this measure as it is very intrusive for the participant).
SKIN CONDUCTIVITY | FACIAL CODING
Changes in skin conductivity are used as a measure of reaction, arousal, and emotional response.
Facial coding is used to interpret how a consumer is feeling during an experience by measuring facial expressions.
SURVEYS | RESPONSE LATENCY
Surveys remain an integral part of our research approach. The benefit of the lab is that we have control over every in-lab exposure prior to the survey. We are able to minimize confounding variables.
Response latency can measure implicit association for the brand.
Ad Insertion, Social Media or OTT Environments, New Ad Formats
Our in house programming staff has the ability to create interactive mock environments on desktop, mobile, tablet, and OTT. If your study requires participants to use online platforms and you prefer to not use an existing branded platform, we can customize the experience to eliminate biases toward well known platforms. For example, if your study calls for an online news feed as the experience, we can create a custom unbranded news environment with the same look and feel as the major publishers.
Example: Custom OTT Environments
- Participants enter through a private MediaScience OTT channel.
- They choose which program to watch out of your selection of TV, Film, Music, Short-form video, gaming or streaming programming.
- Ad pods are carefully constructed and rotated so that your commercial doesn’t show up in the same position for every participant.
New ideas for ad formats come out every year. If you have a new idea that you would like to test, we can program it in-house and include it in your study.
- Interactive and shoppable ads.
- Pause ads (the viewer pauses and a brand appears on the screen).
- Telescopic ads (the viewer chooses which brand/commercial they see).
- Voice activation ads using the OTT remote.
- Pop-up ads on YouTube or other online video.
- The participant uses our phones to interact with YouTube videos.
- We control when and where the pre-roll ads are served.
- Your ad can have the option to be skipped if desired.
With the success of social media and digital advertising in native environments, comes a need to conduct custom research that maximizes the potential of such environments when measuring their impact. We have developed a proprietary ad insertion software which allows us to inject test ads into a participant’s actual social media feed.
- Participants use our phones to log into their personal accounts.
- As the participant scrolls through their own personal feed, the ads they are exposed to are ads that MediaScience has inserted using our proprietary Ad Insertion technology.
- Clients have the full ability to experiment with your creative assets and even manipulate ads to have a certain number of likes and/or comments to measure any visual attention impact.